Stephen Wilkin is an Operating Partner with Humatica. With more than 25 years operating and leadership experience in international companies he brings to the client and the project team a deep understanding of how organisations work.
Stephen has worked on a wide range of projects with Humatica since 2009, helping companies such as Biogen, Uster Technologies, Swarovski, and Landis & Gyr to put in place new organisations, working procedures and sales force incentive schemes to improve performance and increase competitiveness, including extended periods of hands-on implementation support.
Stephen is also skilled in designing and leading executive leadership workshops. For the last four years, he has worked with Uster to develop and manage their annual Global Leadership Summit, and he advises Barry Callebaut on the design and delivery of their leadership development programmes, particularly in the areas of strategy and customer understanding.
Before joining Humatica, Stephen worked for Novartis in a variety of country, regional and global operating roles in Europe, the US and Japan. An expert in sales and marketing, he has held key leadership positions such as Vice President of Sales & Marketing for CIBA Vision’s US business. For five years, he led the Novartis Consumer Health Division’s “Customer Excellence” initiative, a sales force effectiveness program to accelerate sales growth across five business units and impacting over 1,000 sales and key account professionals.
Stephen holds a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Surrey University and an MBA from London Business School.
- Industrial Electronic Devices
- Medical Devices
Key Project Experience
- Redesigned the international commercial function of global biotech company to improve service and responsiveness to their country-organisation clients
- Supported organisation tune-up and strategy implementation for high tech Swiss sensor company
- Designed new sales force incentive scheme for leading international fashion jewellery company
- At Novartis, reconfigured sales organisations and also increased productivity and accelerated sales growth by implementing new customer management approach