Robin Tucker is an Operating Partner with Humatica, based in London. He has more than 25 years’ experience in business, combining strategic and marketing insight with an understanding of how effective organisations operate.
Robin has worked as a board-level leader and consultant, spanning private and public sectors in Europe and North America. He has focused extensively on the telecommunications, media and technology, transportation and business service sectors.
Robin joined Humatica in 2012, after more than two decades working in leading consulting and executive leadership roles for private and public sector organisations. He began his career at Mercer Management Consulting (now Oliver Wyman), where he was promoted to partner and delivered more than 20 projects based in London and Boston over 10 years. Later, at Vodafone, he held several key senior strategy, commercial and marketing roles over nine years, during which he helped the mobile communications division move from a niche service through mass market to Internet gateway. Before joining Vodafone, he was executive director for Natural England, with responsibility for major programmes to protect England’s countryside and wildlife.
Robin holds a Bachelor of Physics with First Class Honours from the University of Oxford.
- Banking and Personal Finance
- Business Services
- Consumer Goods
- High Tech
Key Project Experience
- Led major process and organisation improvements at Natural England, tripling ”sales” of the flagship environmental scheme, saving €2 m/year (30%), and cutting application times from 11 months to 8 weeks
- Identified €7 m annual cost savings and significant cycle-time reductions in a US telephone company’s €25 m key account sales and marketing organisation
- Developed detailed, organisation-wide plans to turn around a public sector transportation business’s €51 m annual loss to break-even, enabling privatization of the business and its subsequent growth and profitability
- Created streamlined and effective commercial decision-making process for Vodafone UK, and worked with the global organisation to extend similar practices across the group