Jouni Heinonen is an Operating Partner with Humatica, based in Zurich. He is an executive leader with more than 25 years of experience as a public company CEO, business unit head, board member and entrepreneur. He brings to each engagement deep experience in transforming international organisations to achieve value growth.
Jouni has helped senior executives, board members and private equity sponsor clients to successfully implement turnarounds, strategic repositionings, divestments, mergers and acquisitions. He has applied his experience leading rapid implementation in complex organisational situations to deliver improved performance in a variety of uniquely challenging situations. Noteworthy client successes he has achieved during his tenure at Humatica include the rapid turn-around of a leading Nordic investor’s portfolio company, a €77.8 million reduction in overhead costs for a US-based global mining services company and the carve-out of a non-core test equipment manufacturer from a Nordic engineering company.
Before joining Humatica, Jouni was CEO of two publicly traded international Swiss companies and a private equity backed specialist machine manufacturer. At Gurit, Jouni led the company’s transformation from four vertically-integrated acquired companies to a global structure with three customer segment business units supported by a global supply chain organisation. He was also responsible for moving and shutting down unprofitable production and opening new facilities in China. During Jouni’s tenure, he drove a threefold increase in Gurit’s enterprise value to €470 million. Jouni also led the pragmatic restructuring and sale of Nextrom, a fibre-optic cable equipment manufacturer when demand collapsed by 90 percent in six months as the dotcom bubble burst.
Jouni holds a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the Tampere University of Technology (Finland) and has complemented his engineering focus with management courses at INSEAD. He is fluent in English, Finnish, French and German.
- Cable and Cable Manufacturing
- Fibre Optics
- High Tech
Key Project Experience
- Led the transformation of Gurit to increase enterprise value threefold to €470 m
- Restructured international publicly listed mining services company to realise over €101 m in structural cost savings
- Orchestrated turnaround of portfolio company for leading Nordic investor to achieve cost reductions totaling €5 m savings within three months, half-year EBITDA €2.5 m over budget
- Carved out non-core business from Nordic engineering company to establish new governance structure and international sales/distribution channels